Staying sane during isolation?
I’m afraid it’s another Coronavirus update.
After today’s guidance about pubs and bars, we are going to have to make some changes – we’re sure you'll understand and we want to keep you all safe.
Firstly, the bad news...
- Sadly for now, we will no longer be serving wine to drink in the shop, to reduce potentially dangerous contact.
- Our Mother’s Day event is cancelled – all ticket-holders will receive a refund.
- Our Chilean and Spanish wine tastings will no longer be possible in the winery. However… we have a fun alternative!
It’s incredibly important to try to stay positive in these challenging times and look after our mental wellbeing as well as our health. We have been racking our brains as how to help you relax, have fun and stay social…
So, the good news!
- Our wine shop remains open and stocked up with great bottles to take home. If we’re going to be cooped up in our houses, we want to be drinking the good stuff!
- We are waiving our delivery fees in the local area (10 miles from Tring) – even for a single bottle – just to help those self-isolating in their homes.
- Most excitingly, we’re going to be regularly hosting online wine tastings over the next few months. Our Spanish (1st April) and Chilean (29th April) evenings will be the first to move to this format.
If you can’t get to the winery, we’ll come to you. Our online tastings will deliver, right to your door, servings of all the wines and cheese to accompany them. Then, you will be able to dial in to us via video link where Jamie and Alex will talk you through the tasting and anybody can ask questions, all from the comfort of your own home. Anybody who doesn't want to join the online tasting can have a full refund or a credit towards a future tasting event in the winery.
Our thoughts are with anybody who is or will be affected by this. It’s a worrying time for all and, perhaps, wasn't the best moment to have started a new business, so we are incredibly grateful for the amazing support shown to us so far.
If there is anything we can do to help anyone in our local community who is self-isolating or just can't get out, please let us know how we can be of assistance and, if we can help, we will.
You can check out our upcoming online tastings: click here.
Just remember… stockpiling wine is so much more enjoyable than toilet paper and spam – and you can help out a young local business through an incredibly tough period.
As always, if there's something you really want to get hold of, just ask us and we'll find it.
Take care, stay safe and all our best wishes,
Jamie & Alex
What an incredible evening we had last Thursday! More than thirty guests came for our first tasting, winemaker Karim Mussi sent us some personal videos which were great fun and the wines were all superb. Thank you all so much to those who braved it.
Almost all of the wine sold out immediately, but we've got in extra supplies which have now arrived in the shop! Our favourites were the crazy Paradoux Sauvignon Blanc / Semillon blend, assembled from different vintages, and the incredibly intense Old Vine Malbec from Altocedro.
To make your lives easier, we have made up an incredible value case of Argentinian wine – six of the finest and most interesting wines for just £99, covering a unique sparkling rosé Malbec, crisp whites, rich reds and even a delicious dessert Malbec!
Don't forget you can have any of these delivered free of charge locally!