A beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
- In-person class at Tring Winery
- Small Class sizes, maximum of 8 people
- 8 wines to taste
- 7 hours tuition / no home study required
- What to look for in wine and how to recognise its key components
- The main grape varieties and styles of wines from around the world
- How to store and serve wine
- Food and wine matching - key principles
- The WSET L1 text book is provided on the day
- QFC Level 1
- Final exam paper consisting of 30 multi-choice questions at the end of the day
- ISO tasting glasses for you to keep