WINE & SPIRITS EDUCATION TRUST APPROVED PROGRAM PROVIDER
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications which are suitable for both wine industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP), SommServices Wine Academyl has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework which is accredited by OfQual.
WINE & SPIRITS EDUCATION TRUST LEVEL 1 AWARD IN WINE
A beginner level introduction to wine suitable for those starting a wine career or pursuing an interest in wine.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
What you'll learn
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
WINE & SPIRITS EDUCATION TRUST LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINE
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time:
- 16 hours of delivery time with a WSET course provider
- 11 hours of personal study and revision
- A 1-hour examination
BEVERAGE PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Sommelier led training on wine, beer, spirits and zero proof beverage.
- Beverage list development.
- Wholesale and trade pricing available.